Here are 10 tips on keeping acne away!
Aesthetic beauty is important for women. Since we don’t know the actual cause of acne, the best we can do is to try and keep it at bay. Here are 10 easy to follow tips that will help you to keep your skin clear of acne, or at least reduce its severity. Because its quite long, I have broken the post up into two parts.
1. Keep your face clean. Irrespective of whether or not you have acne, it’s important to wash your face twice daily to remove impurities, dead skin cells, and oil from your skin’s surface. But here’s something important to remember, washing more often than twice daily can do more harm than good. Be sure to use warm and a mild facial cleanser that is suitable for your skin type.
Gently wash your face with your clean hands and be sure to rinse well, and dry your face with a fresh clean towel. (always be sure to toss the towel in the laundry after each use, as dirty towels spread bacteria.)
2. Be sure to moisturise. Many acne products contain ingredients that dry the skin, so be sure to use a moisturizer that minimizes dryness and skin peeling. Look for the word “noncomedogenic” on the label, which means it won’t clog your pores and be sure to select a moisturiser suitable for your skin type.
3. Try an over-the-counter acne product. If you have mild acne, try an over the counter product containing either salicylic acid or glycolic acid, ingredients which curb bacteria and dry your skin. Use these products with caution if you have sensitive skin.
4. Ditch the makeup. During a breakout, avoid wearing foundation, powder, or blush. If you do wear makeup, be sure to clean it off at the end of the day using a makeup remover, followed by your facial wash.
If possible, choose oil-free cosmetics or without added dyes and chemicals. Choose makeup that is labeled as “noncomedogenic,” and be sure to read the ingredients list on the product label before buying.
5. Keep your hair clean. Avoid using fragrances, oils, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin’s pores and irritate your skin. Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner daily, because oily hair can add to the oil on your face.
6. Keep your hands off your face. Avoid touching your face or propping your cheek or chin on your hands. Not only can you spread bacteria, you can also irritate the already inflamed facial skin. Never pick or pop pimples with your fingers, as it can lead to infection and scarring.
7. Stay out of the sun. The sun’s ultraviolet rays can increase inflammation and redness. Some acne medications may even make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, so limit your time in the sun. Always apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, but ensure that its noncomedogenic to avoid acerbating your acne.
8. Feed your skin. Although most experts agree that certain foods, like chocolate, don’t cause pimples. it makes sense to avoid greasy food and junk food and add more fresh produce and whole grains to your diet.
9. Get in some daily exercise. Regular exercise is good for your whole body, including your skin. Be sure to shower or bathe right after exercise and don’t touch your face while working out.
10. Relax! Some studies link stress with the severity of pimples or acne, so try and relax. Drink a cup of camomile tea if you are feeling overcome with stress, it should help soothe your nerves.
Follow these steps that we have shared with you to keep your beauty aesthetically radiant and healthy.